Privacy and Cookies
We are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal information and information you give us. This document describes how we use and process your personal information. It also tells you how you can contact us if you have questions about your personal information.
BY ACCESSING AND USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION BY AWI ON THE BASIS SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY STOP ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS WEBSITE.
What kind of personal information does AWI use?
When you make a reservation on the website, you are asked for your name and email address. You might also be asked for inter alia your home address, telephone number, payment information, the names of guests travelling with you and your preferences for your stay and some other personal information. When we refer to personal information, it has the same meaning as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act of no 4 of 2013.
Why does AWI collect, use and share your personal information?
AWI shall only collect your personal information for a specific, explicitly defined and lawful purpose relating to a function or activity of its business. Such purposes may include:
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal information to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details to the property you have booked.
- Guest reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers to choose the property that suits them best.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does AWI share your information with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal information with third parties.
- The property you booked: In order to complete your reservation, we need to transfer relevant reservation details to the property you have booked. This may include information such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking..
- Third-party service providers: We may use service providers (such as “information processors”) to process your personal information strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating reservation payments, sending out marketing material or for analytical support services.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal information to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
- Business partners: We may work with business partners around the world to distribute or advertise property.
How does AWI use guest reviews and other destination-related information you share with us?
After your stay at any property booked through us, you will be invited to submit a guest review. This invite may ask for information about the property, the surrounding areas, and the destination. If you don’t want to use your name with the review, you can make use of a screen name (which you can choose in your user account) or the review can be displayed on the website anonymously. By completing a guest review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed to inform other travelers about the quality and services at the property you stayed in.
We sometimes use “cookies”. “Cookies” are programs that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive. They enable us to improve interactivity with the web site. The purpose of “cookies” is to enhance your future visits to our web site. You can set your browser to notify you if “cookies” are to be transferred or to reject “cookies” but this may prevent your use of some of our web pages.
Whilst all reasonable efforts are taken to ensure that your personal information and/or credit card details are protected as they travel over the internet, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information you exchange with us.
The services offered by AWI are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it.
How can you control the personal information you have given to AWI?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com. Please write ‘Request personal information’ in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing your personal information.
If the personal information we have for you is incorrect, we will update it at your request. You can also ask us to remove your personal information at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Request for removal of personal information’ in the subject line. However, we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities.
Linked third party websites
This website may contain links or references to other websites, including those of advertisers (“third party websites“) which are not under AWI’s control. The provisions of this Privacy Notice are not applicable to third party websites and AWI shall not be responsible for the information processing practices and/or privacy policies of those third party websites, or the cookies that those websites may use.
Amendment of this privacy notice
AWI reserves the right to change, update, add, remove and/or amend any of the provisions of this Privacy Notice from time to time. Such changes, updates, additions, removals or amendments will become effective from the date of their publication on this website.
It is your obligation to periodically check the provisions of this Privacy Notice for any such changes, updates, additions, removals or amendments.
Your continued use of this website following any changes, updates, additions, removals or amendments to this Privacy Notice will be considered notice of your acceptance to abide by and be bound by this Privacy Notice, as amended.
For more information on your rights to privacy over your information, or the information processing activities of AWI, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on 021 434 1500 or alternatively contact email@example.com